[time-nuts] No GPS satellites

Ben Hall kd5byb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:56:16 EST 2015

Hi Tom and list,

I joined the list a few days ago after getting my HP Z3801 back running
after a couple of years of it being off-line.  I'm using it as a 10 MHz
frequency standard for my various ham-radio activities.

On 2/26/2015 3:33 PM, Tom Van Baak wrote:
 > ...but most of us now use a $1
 > microcontroller or DCD pin and NTP to track mains phase & frequency.

I'm going to have to build one of these.  Assume you have some sort of
circuit that converts low-voltage AC from a transformer secondary to a
pulse train, start a timer, and count x amount of pulses?

Very interesting.

thanks much,
ben