[time-nuts] Soekris without a GPS receiver.

Neil Schroeder gigneil at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 06:16:06 EST 2015

You need to do a console mode install on the system itself or you have
problems - you can do a debootstrap on another machine and get going... but
heres  the thing - you need FreeBSD to use the Soekris appropriately.
Otherwise you're using a 486 from 2001 just to cause yourself pain.

All you need is FreeBSD Crochet - its not a tough process.  Check it out,
then immediately use the same tool to build yourself an image for the
Beaglebone you should order :-)

https://github.com/kientzle/crochet-freebsd

Alternately, CF cards are HUGE now.  I have a 16G in my Soekris and that's
PLENTY big to run a full operating system on.  Don't even have to do
NanoBSD - although naturally, you'll pay for it in performance and memory
use if you don't.

NS