[time-nuts] If your 5335A is acting goofy or dead...

Orin Eman orin.eman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:34:09 EST 2015

Update.

I replaced the relay socket anyway with a 27E213 from Digi-Key.  It fits
perfectly.  The socket I removed was a 27E129.  It would seem that the
27E129 should have a ground strap.  The one I removed doesn't.  Otherwise,
the 27E213 should be identical.  The Digi-Key part number is PB806-ND.

Although the bad contact with the socket caused enough heat to discolor the
base of the relay, I don't think the relay was harmed.

I also did the extra wiring from the service note to add a second set of
contacts in parallel for the 5V supply.  Hopefully this problem is fixed
for the next decade or two.

Orin.