[time-nuts] schematics of frequency counter

Li Ang lllaaa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 04:26:02 EST 2015

Magnus Danielson <magnus at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Darn, not reading all the notes. Again.
>
> Well, in that case, scaling should be done... then you get average of
> 198,5075 ns and 149,8 ps RMS jitter, with 1,1 ns peak-to-peak.
>
> The jitter is okish then, but a little better would indeed be nice.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus

Hi Magnus,
   I've noticed that they have put stddev in the latest datasheet of
TDC_GP22.
(http://www.acam.de/fileadmin/Download/pdf/TDC/English/DB_GP22_en.pdf)

Standard deviation(mode1 DOUBLE_RES = 0 Delay = 200ns) is 45ps. My result
shows 150ps. At least I know the limit is there now. There is something
need to figure out.

Thanks

Li Ang