[time-nuts] New algorithm, better ADEV

Li Ang lllaaa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 07:43:53 EST 2015

Hi John

>> Just now, I changed the way to calculate frequency and get a better
>>ADEV chart.
>>http://www.qsl.net/b/bi7lnq/freqcntv4/test/20150114/0114.gif
>
> Looking good!  Nice example of a white PM noise floor, just like a 'real' HP
> counter.   Let it run for a few days and see how the environmental
> sensitivity looks.

    I'm doing a longtime test with this counter. The DUT and Reference
are from the same X72 Rb oscillator.The X72 is powered by a R&S linear
supply, the counter is powered by laptop USB port. I started the test
1 hour after the Rb is locked.
    I have uploaded the test data about 2 days to
http://www.qsl.net/b/bi7lnq//freqcntv4/test/20150118/ . I don't know
how to interprete this kind of chart. :(

Thanks

Li Ang