[time-nuts] SR620 setup with TimeLab

James Robbins jsrobbins at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 17:18:45 EST 2015

Does anyone have experience setting up a SR620 for use with TimeLab?

(I have used my 53132A in its' "Talk Only" mode quite successfully.)

I am using a Null Modem RS232 cable (I have also tried a straight through
one).

I am running a 10MHz oscillator into the first channel of the 620 against my
Fury as a TB and trying to produce an ADEV.

The TimeLab "Monitor" box shows the following text updated every second or
so:  "STRT;*WAI;XAVG"  I have chosen "Acquire" for the SR620 from the TL
software.

I have set up the SR620 with the following settings:

Configuration Menu:  CTRL

1.            RS232 19.2K

2.            Echo OFF

3.            Bits 8

4.            PAR None

5.            COM port correctly set in TL (using an Edgeport converter for
RS232 to USB)

Configuration Menu:  OUT

1.            Output is PRINTER

2.            PmPort is PRINT

3.            Graph is OFF

I have tried various other choices, but nothing seems to cause TL to read
anything but STRT;*WAI,XAVG.

I would be happy to exchange info off list.  jsrobbins at earthlink.net.

Jim Robbins

N1JR