[time-nuts] question Alan deviation measured with Timelab and counters

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jan 26 22:24:44 EST 2015

The performance of the 2 systems should be comparable provided the similar equivalent noise bandwidths are used.Every 10Mhz edge needs to be timestamped with ps resolution and the resulting phase samples low pass filtered and decimated to achieve this.The 10MSPS picosecond or better resolution time stamping with femtosecond integral linearity will be a bit of a challenge to achieve.
Bruce