[time-nuts] End of the World, or beginning of a new one?

olivier - heol design contact at heoldesign.com
Sat Jul 4 11:08:28 EDT 2015

Michael A. Waldron <lists at ...> writes:

> Olivier from Heol says that it will revert to 1995 again in a few
months, although he was unspecific as to the
> exact reasons he said they simulated it in their lab.
>
> I've decided I'd like to upgrade the GPS in my 2100-rb, but it will
probably be a little while before I get the
> job done.
>
> -Mike
>
> On 7/2/2015 3:01 PM, Bob Martin wrote:
> > As I look at my Tymserve 2100 sitting in the rack to my left, the
date it's displaying is JUL 02 2015.

> > So the week rollover bug was coupled to the leap second? No wine to
drink today (it's still early)...

> > Anyone else with a TS2100 that's suddenly acting strange, er,
correct for the first time in a while?

> > bob k6rtm

> > and follow the instructions there.

Hello,

Yes the Tymserve and other similar DATUM / Symmetricom products which
use the Trimble ACE board will fail again in 2016. This is due to the
way the GPS epoch is calculated inside the 2100 : the DATUM engineers
estimated the future leap second insertions to determine GPS epochs,
which was not a so good idea... Our N024 GPS board inserted insteas of
the ACE board corrects this bug, as well as offering high GPS
sensitivity and fast startup. We offer warranty for the next 20 years.

Regards

Olivier