[time-nuts] LORAN-C reception in the UK

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 10 11:44:46 EDT 2015

Dave check with the Triniity House web site they are the sponsors of the
Anthorn slave site, the master station is at Lessay on the St. Malo
penninsular so should be strong. There is (or was) a full descrition of the
"option to GPS"on the website.  I believe there should be at least 5 years
to run on the original 10 year contract. The transmission is eLoran, at bit
like Loran-C with a "DGPS". I think there is an extra pulse in the train, I
dont think this will affect the receiver you quote. The 100kHz signal should
be OK in daytime may will suffer some phase shifts at night at more extreme
range. This should not be a problem at your range from Lessay.

Alan
G3NYK