[time-nuts] 10MHz Square to Sine Wave Conversion

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 22:07:28 EDT 2015

All you need is a 10 MHz low pass filter.

How far down do you need the harmonics/spurious to be?

If 40 dB suppression of the 2nd and 3rd harmonics is adequate,
(you can't see the distortion with the eye on an oscilloscope)
you can make your own for about $2 in parts, not including a PC board or
housing.

Feel free to copy the low pass filter (L1, C9, C10) from here:
http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=EXCALIBUR

Or for about $35, you could get the same performance from an inline BNC
filter from Minicircuits.

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/BLP-10.7+.pdf

If you need more harmonic suppression, buy two and put them in series.

--- Graham

==

--- Graham

==