[time-nuts] Belated leap second video / result

Andrew Rodland andrew at cleverdomain.org
Fri Jul 17 02:38:56 EDT 2015

Here's a video of my Spectracom 9183 and my homebuilt GPS/Rb NTP
server both cruising through last month's leap second (the first one
in my new "lab") without incident. Apologies for the blur/bloom on the
laptop screen, I guess I didn't get the focus exactly right. You can
still read it as long as you already know what you're looking for :)

https://vimeo.com/133728097

Leap second is at 1:09 in the video, both devices display 23:59:60
UTC. A second later, both display 00:00:00 and the LEAP (upcoming leap
second) indicator on my GPS clock cleared. A few minutes later, I
checked NTP sync and both of my Linux boxes also adjusted correctly
(this time without any kernel bugs) and were within <1ms of the NTP
clock.

Andrew