[time-nuts] Firmware and antenna for Stanford Research FS700 Loran C frequency standard

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Jul 17 10:31:04 EDT 2015

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 10:03:00 +0200
Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Many thanks, 2.21 Ohm sounds more reasonable than 2 ZettaOhm (or 2 ZO),
> which is what 2E21 would translate into if it where 2*10^21, so I wanted
> to make sure there wasn't a typo. :)

xEy is some kind of semi-standard notation for resistor values
in the first three decades, when people do not want to write R
(as it might be confused with the part number) or a dot (which
might get lost when printing). But I don't know where this notation
came from, or what the E stands for. I can only say I have seen it
quite a few times already.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.