[time-nuts] how to find low noise transistors

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Sun Jul 19 19:40:17 EDT 2015

I simply do not belief 5E-15 ..... Ulrich

In a message dated 7/19/2015 7:12:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
azelio.boriani at gmail.com writes:

Yes, I'm  with Bob Pease: the soldering iron is my best simulation
tool. Nonetheless  it is useful to know how to correctly extract the
coefficients to use in  the best known among the simulation tools. In
one sci.electronics.design  discussion, A. Lakovlev tells to have
determined the KF based on the  datasheet's NF by trials and then
adjusted AF to follow the datasheet's NF  variation with the collector
current. He ended up with KF= 5E-15 and AF=  1.13 for the 2SC3329, also
in this case the AF is greater than 1.

On  Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 4:41 PM,  <KA2WEU at aol.com> wrote:
> For  HF to uW oscillators  if find these modeling efforts not adequate .
Only
> a test circuit will show the prove...
>
> Ulrich  N1UL
>
> In a message dated 7/19/2015 10:36:10 A.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
> azelio.boriani at gmail.com writes:
>
> For a  method to extract AF and KF try this:
>  <http://joerg-berkner.de/Fachartikel/pdf/2000_AKB_Berkner_1f_noise.pdf>
>
>  see also
>  <http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2270&cont
ext=etd>
>  from page 55, on the parameter extraction for the BJTs
>
> usually  AF is greater than 1, as you can see in this appnote from CEL:
>  <http://www.cel.com/pdf/appnotes/an1026.pdf>
>
> A SILVACO  appnote on how to model for SPICE2 for 1/f (from page 45):
>  <http://www.silvaco.com/content/kbase/noise_modeling.pdf>
>
>  On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 4:59 AM, John Miles <john at miles.io>  wrote:

KA2WEU--