[time-nuts] Square to sine wave symmetrical conversion (part 2)

jerry shirᴀr radio.n9xr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 23:47:02 EDT 2015

"Not necessarily.  Many oscillator circuits do not deliver a good sine wave
to begin with"

This is very true. However if it is worse than -30dB harmonic sinewave back
stream then the oscillator is probably extremely high in phase noise
anyway. Since the threshold is off center, the phase noise of the 20% duty
cycle squarewave will have additional amounts from the AM noise on the
signal adding in from that threshold offset. The reason we want 50% is to
get the cleanest signal possible with what we have to work with.  :)

Jerry N9XR.