[time-nuts] Picked up the Austral 2200A tonight

Jason Ball jason at ball.net
Thu Jul 30 18:26:29 EDT 2015

A lack of precision in that last email from me it seems.

I was planning on using a DDS and re-purposed multiplier board to provide
the 1.5Ghz LO, but as the time server needs to use the 10MHz signal to
compensate for phase shift this won't necessarily work out as you have
indicated.    The multiplier board I have _should_ work using a 500Mhz
input and tuning the pass filter to the third harmonic while maintaining a
sufficient drive for the mixer.

Your right on the DDS resolution and lack of reference, I may scrap that
plan have to look at a 10Mhz referenced PLL for the input frequency instead.

I haven't gotten to the IF filter yet :/

I have to admit a certain temptation to simply pull the rubidium and put it
in a box or repurpose the existing box.  It would be a shame to waste such
a nice piece of obsolete tech though.

I have noted a number of blown caps on the voltage regulator board so some
repair work needed there.   I can not fund the battery backup yet for the
configuration settings..  Either its hidden, missing, or I'm having a
stupid moment

I was under the impression that none of these units were Y2K compliant,
however this unit happy accepts dates post Y2K.  I can't comment on the GPS
rollovers though.

Cheers
J.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers
Jason.

Teach your kids Science, or somebody else will :/

jason at ball.net
vk2vjb at google.com <vk2flnx at google.com>
callsign: vk2vjb