[time-nuts] Regenerative divider

timeok at timeok.it timeok at timeok.it
Mon Jun 8 02:42:00 EDT 2015

Hi Magnus,

I have done this experience. You can find my project here:

http://www.timeok.it/files/low_noise_regenerative_divider.pdf

An important goal was to have a  range as input level to be used with several source.
When the oscillation are is engaged, the amplifier reaches immediately  the saturation and so the regenerative divider was unable to handle a level range as input signals, say from +6 to + 17dBm, as was my target. Wanting to avoid an AGC, I opted for a diode limiter who achieves a good compromise.
The harmonic Distortion is very low and there is some gain as you require.

Hope this can help you

Luciano