[time-nuts] Performance of 74LVC series ICs

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jun 9 07:20:07 EDT 2015

Hi

The question is always “good isolation compared to what?”.

If you are expecting 180 db of isolation on a SOT-23 package at 10’s of MHz, it’s
not going to happen. It’s also not going to happen with a practical pc board layout
even without the SOT-23 involved.

If something around 120 db is “good isolation”, then yes you can do that with a
pair of the SC-70 parts and a good layout. In this case the test was at 10 MHz.

Bob