[time-nuts] potential source for cheap copy of labview

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 16:05:58 EDT 2015

I downloaded both the software and drivers. About 2GB in total.
Install was typical two restarts required and the eval copy is 7 days not
45.
but you can get a eval license extension.
It seems for each package so you have to re-step through the process
multiple times.
The NI explorer will look for gpib devices not that I have any on this
particular machine.
It did find my rs232 to ethernet device and showed all 17 ports available.
So thats pretty interesting.

Now I actually need to dig a bit to understand,
How arduinos fit in
How older gpib devices might be accessed. I have sopme smart controllers
that emulate a GPIB sender and basically translate commands to and from the
old devices. Essentially ascii strings both ways.

It seems if you had the NI VXI bus box and I have seen them at fleas
ocasionally that would be a useful answer.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL