[time-nuts] magnetic electronic components

John Allen john at pcsupportsolutions.com
Mon Jun 22 23:59:59 EDT 2015

Hi all - this website has some older books from the 50's and 60's  that may help.
Links are at
http://tubebooks.org/technical_books_online.htm
Most of the way to the bottom of the page.

I hope this is helpful..

Passive components (transformers, capacitors...)

Capacitors, Magnetic Circuits, and Transformers, Leander Matsch, 1964, 350 pages
A detailed text on capacitors, inductors, and transformers.  Great info for those wanting a deep understanding of these passive components.  Good theory and practical applications, especially on transformers and inductors.
Download full text with index, 3.2MB PDF file

Electronic Transformers and Circuits, Reuben Lee, 1955, 349 pages - Courtesy of John Atwood
This book is a "reference on the design of transformers and electronic apparatus".  It covers the design of power transformers, chokes, and signal (audio) transformers.  It also talks a bit about circuitry, as it relates to transformers. Enough theory to understand what's going on, as well as practical info on how to construct transformers.
Download full text, 24MB PDF file

Handbook of Piezoelectric Crystals,  John P. Buchanan, 1956, 701 pages - Courtesy of an anonymous donor
Wow - of military origin, a 700 page book about crystals!  A rare source of information on peizo crystals, as they relate mostly to communications.
Download full text,   48MB PDF file

Hipersil® Core Design Engineer's Handbook, Westinghouse , 1965, 108 pages
This is a design guide and materials databook for Westinghouse Hipersil transformer cores.   A good design guide for transformers and cokes, and has detailed material data (curves and data tables) for Hipersil steel.
Download full text, 1.9MB PDF file

John, K1AE