[time-nuts] magnetic electronic components

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:02:42 EDT 2015

Yes, for ferrites, many (all?) of the Amidon FT-xxx parts are perfectly
standard Fair-Rite cores available from full-line distributors like Mouser,
Newark, etc.

Iron powder cores are not stocked by any of the standard distributors that
I know of, but kitsandparts.com has good prices and quick delivery.

Sometimes Amidon is the best or only place for a particular part.

Good online source on ferrite transformers with measurements and
distributor part numbers: Clifton Labs. e.g.
http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/ferrites,_inductors_and_transformers.htm

Tim N3QE