[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361/Thunderbolt antenna advice sought.

Oghma oghma at live.co.uk
Tue May 5 11:35:42 EDT 2015

Thanks to Vlad, Bob, and Chris for the responses so far - and for the helpful suggestions/advice.

Since the focus of the answers to my (I suppose, dual-headed) question has been on the splitting/sharing aspect, rather than on actual antenna type/model, I'm guessing that the actual antenna used doesn't matter - would that be a fair assumption to make?
So, does that mean that I could use a simple patch type antenna intended for use with in-car gps 'satnav' style units - such as the ones Garmin sell?  I only ask because I have seen some discussion of quad-helix (and LHCP vs RHCP) antennas, and most of the pictures I have seen of the innards of antennas have been Q-H style.

Also, given that dc feeds are provided by the receivers, it would suggest that some dirt of active/amplified antenna is expected to be connected.

Foitnote: I'm in the UK, so I'm not sure that the 'cable TV splitters' referred to would be available here. We do have cable TV, but if I understand correctly, the signals (if not carried into the house on optical fibres) are all sent down the cable in the sub 500MHz range - perhaps someone on the list who is in the UK could comment further on that?

Regards
John

Sent tomorrow from my time machine.