[time-nuts] The low budget UT+ newbie time-nut project: FrequencyReference

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Tue May 5 21:45:20 EDT 2015

Bob,

I'm sure much more qualified nuts will chime in, but a few thoughts of mine.

Over the years, I've collected enough GPS antennas from hamfests, online
vendors and who-knows-where, all for prices from free to tens of dollars.
Most of them came with anywhere from 3' to 10+meters of cable. Most of
those cables have been terminated in SMA connectors. Not sure how long you
think your cable run will be (mine is < 15', skylight to workbench) but I'd
stay away from RG6 just as a matter of practice. The antennas are generally
amplified, but still...

MCX to SMA pigtails are cheap and plentiful. Once you are SMA, everything
else is easy.

To me, division is far better than trying to modify the UT+.

Welcome to the asylum. The inmates all have good ideas!