[time-nuts] Acquired a Symmetricom 5817A-05Q / Power connector Question

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat May 9 03:15:20 EDT 2015

m.matthew.george at gmail.com said:
> Anyway, I'm not too proud to admit that I'm not familiar with the power
> connector that apparently comes with the 05Q option.  I have a link below to
> a couple of pictures.   Maybe I missed something obvious when poking around
> on the internet for documentation, but I can't find anything that describes
> this connector.  I assume it is stock?  The +DC input pin/wire can be seen
> just inside the white tube... again, maybe this is obvious to real
> time-nuts!  I'm working on that time-nut thing!

The white tube looks like insulation from coax.  Have you tried taking the
connector apart?

You might poke around with an ohmmeter.  It looks close to setup to take
power from the lower right output connector.  Adding a few parts may switch
it back to that mode.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.