[time-nuts] Counter Clock freq lock advice

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Tue May 19 15:01:01 EDT 2015

Back from Dayton and found in my mailbox a PLJ-9VFD-A    9 digit frequency counter block.  Fresh from eBay.  Very nice piece of gear for about $20.  It has a 13 MHz voltage controlled time base marked 1300446 TW 499K.  Pin out seems standard and the Voltage Control on pin 1 simply goes to a (I think) an 8K pot to ground and a 22K resistor to the power buss.  Two terminals on mine are to ground and one to the control line so guessing that it simply is tweaked (or not) to max R.

So it should be conceptually easy to pull off the 13 MHz signal, divide down to 1 MHz, do the same with my 10 MHz GPS line running in the shack and do PLL control.

Or simply turn off the oscillator enable line and use something like the TAPR clock block for the 13 MHz signal.  At this price I could run a 13 MHz cable around the shack so I prefer that approach.

Thanks for your comment.

N0UU