"Björn Gabrielsson" bg at lysator.liu.se
Wed May 20 03:36:46 EDT 2015

Hi Bob,

You are confusing the readers here.

  1) zero altitude relative the WGS84/GPS ellipsoid are often tens of
meters over or below sea level, depending on your location.

  2) zero altitude relative to a geoid (EGM96 or something else) is very
close to sea level.

Then if you think of the ellipsoid as a second order model of the geoid...
we can start comfusing people again.

--

    Björn