[time-nuts] HP 5065A battery pack

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Nov 21 09:13:07 EST 2015

Hi

The key issue is that there has been a lot learned about charging batteries
since the 5065A was designed. Just as other parts of the 5065 can be improved
with some work, so can the battery charger. Given that NiCad’s aren’t cheap,
it’s worth noting that the circuit could be worked on *before* somebody buys
a bunch of batteries to re-cell one.

Moving a bit further off topic and back to our original conversation when you re-did
yours (2 years ago?) - you don’t get a lot of standby time even with the full load of
NiCads in there.

Bob