[time-nuts] ACAM GP22 Chip

Thomas Allgeier th.allgeier at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:19:37 EST 2015

Moin Attila,

You guessed my origin right from my name.

It is not that I don't trust ACAM (we are one of their customers) but from
the source I am measuring I get a lot of what you guys probably call jitter.
So I want to be sure the jitter comes from the oscillator I am measuring and
not from the GP22.
Absolute accuracy is not the problem here, unless the 32768 Hz clock on the
eval board actually drifts. In other words if we are 10 ns out on the period
measurement nobody cares if it remains the same 10 ns all the time. As in
many applications in the weighing industry what really matters is the change
in weight, not how heavy the mass is in absolute terms.

It sounds like the coil must be wound what we used to call "bifilar" in my
school days, i.e. self-cancelling the inductivity. That should be doable,
and on the other stuff I will read up a bit first.

Thanks,
Thomas.