[time-nuts] A new time nut - and a question!

Christopher Glass tribaal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:44:02 EDT 2015

Hi David,

Thanks for the pointer - but the driver I am using is type 20 (NMEA),
so that flag1 is documented as enabling/disabling of PPS signal
processing instead.

After some time, the output of "ntpq -c pe -c as -c rl" seemed to
stabilize as [1]. The GPS reference seems to be used correctly (as
show by the leading "o" in ntpq -c pe" output.

However I still don't understand the "reftime/clock" difference, and
it seems the two dates are drifting from each other rather than
converging, which is unexpected (to me, as a newbie).
The frequency field keeps changing, so should I understand that the
frequency field is adjusted automatically until the times are in sync?

[1]: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/12632650/