[time-nuts] UPS for my time rack

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Sat Oct 10 11:26:12 EDT 2015

A quick comment about "pure sine" devices.

At times I operate a portable VHF and up radio system from rf quiet out of the way places.   I run almost all the equipment from lead acid storage batteries.   I have small 30 dollar inverter I use to occasionally  power some equipment that needs 120 volts AC.   It puts out very little RFI.   I figured I'd upgrade to a much more expensive pure sine Inverter (I also wanted to run some linear power supplies from the inverter as well to get better voltage regulation for some of the equipment.)  It was a disaster from an RFI perspective.

Your mileage may vary.

Mark S
VE7AFZ

Sent from my iPad