[time-nuts] FE-5680A breakout board

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Sat Oct 10 14:20:14 EDT 2015

I’d like to quickly mention that I’ve now got an FE-5680A “breakout board” for sale on Tindie.

It has a 2.1mm barrel connector for 16-24 VDC @ 30W - easily obtainable from a surplus laptop power supply. It has a buck converter to make 15V and an LDO (from that) to make 5V. It has a two pin SIP header for RF out and a 4 pin SIP header for serial and PPS. It has an LED for the “lock” indication, with a transistor to invert and buffer it. For me, this works well to power it and get the output into my TIA ext ref jack.

https://www.tindie.com/products/nsayer/fe-5680a-power-interface-board/