[time-nuts] UPS for my time rack

Jim Harman j99harman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 16:54:14 EDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Chris Waldrup <kd4pbj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had bad experience noise wise with the APC brand units like are
> available on Amazon and at Staples? I'd like to get one that doesn't
> generate lots of RFI.

I have an inexpensive CyberPower 825 AVR UPS, The UPS does the job of
keeping my computer and time-nuts gear running, but it causes an annoying
amount of RFI in the AM broadcast band. The noise is radiated from the
circuit that feeds the UPS. I found that plugging the UPS into a Belkin
outlet strip, which presumably includes some line filtering,reduced the
interference significantly.

--

--Jim Harman