[time-nuts] Pendulum Counter Service Manuals

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 17:37:47 EDT 2015

Spectracom have always seemed a bit "cautious" when it comes to releasing
copies of the Pendulum Counter service manuals, I was sent a copy of the
CNT90/91 manual when carrying out some repairs a few years ago but  only after
accepting a non disclosure agreement.

Because of that I was quite surprised recently to find that Fluke have
released the full service manual for many of their equivalents to the  Pendulum
counters, with these seeming to be identical to the  pendulum originals but
with name and model numbers changed.
A similar situation exists for the Fluke and Pendulum user manuals but in
this case both are widely available anyway.

Recent searches have turned up service manuals for PM6680/CNT80,
PM6681/CNT81, PM6685/CNT85, PM6690/CNT90.

The only exception seems to be the CNT91, and as far as I can tell  there
never was a Fluke PM6691.
The Pendulum CNT90/91 manual includes the revision A and B boards for the
CNT90 as well as the later revision C used in the CNT91, whereas the Fluke
PM6690 manual has no reference to the later board but does otherwise seem
identical.

Apologies if this is already common knowledge but I don't recall  seeing
any previous reference to it and thought it might of interest  to other
Pendulum users.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR