[time-nuts] LAN/USB to GP-IB/HP-IP Adapters

Ole Petter Ronningen opronningen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:51:35 EDT 2015

I have both a chinese clone 82357b and two NI GPIB-USB-HS. If you will
write your own software for aging test-equipment, my experience is that a
clean NI solution with GPIB-USB-HS and NI 488.2 is a *lot* less painful
than trying to get Agilent GPIB to play nice with the NI software-stack.
Speaking for myself I could never get it to work satisfactorily on Windows
(never bothered to try another OS), just lots of weird unexplained
problems; sometimes working, sometimes hanging, sometimes requiring the
sacrifice of a chicken. Might be the chinese clone adapter, though, I never
tried a genuine Agilent 82357. Come to think of it, the NI's came out of
china as well, so might also be clones. Just way better clones. :)

Ole