[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution [T, SMT, SMT GG] - spontaneous GPS loss of signal events, multiple locations

Wojciech Owczarek wojciech at owczarek.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 17:00:57 EDT 2015

On 14 September 2015 at 17:06, Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
> wrote:

> Hi,
> Probably the vendor if no one else experiences or knows of Resolution
> issues.
> You can contact Trimble UK or Trimble Navigation Europe in Hampshire and
> they
> may know about any product or vendor OEM issues.
> If you can get the timing down to 30s GPS frame times or 750s/12.5m
> message times,
> it could possibly be a GPS system issue like updates, and you can report
> problems at:
> http://www.gps.gov/support/user/
> which links to the form at:
> http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=gpsUserInput

Thanks - I have a case open and the vendor saw the same in their labs. I'm
aware of the 12.5m issue: the last Res T f/w (1.17) lists this in the
change log. I don't think this is what's affecting us, but this is one of
the things I'm trying to get the vendor to look into.

Actually looks like I forgot about the obvious. I have one of those
receivers at home and it's an old engineering sample (no warranty, no
worries) so I'll hook up the module to at least check the firmware.

Regards,
Wojciech