[time-nuts] IEEE 1588v2 on CISCO IE 3010

Andrew Symington andrew.c.symington at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 17:06:54 EDT 2015

Dear All

I have managed to get hold of a 24-port rack mount Cisco switch
(model: IE-3010-24TC) which, according to the datasheet, is "IEEE 1588v2
hardware ready". I am developing a Quality of Time stack for Linux as part
of a research project, and I would like to use this switch to synchronize a
test bed comprising of 20 BeagleBone Black slave nodes.

Despite the advertised IEEE 1588v2 support, none of the Cisco software
documentation covers PTP configuration. Cisco support is not being very
helpful to me, as the switch is not covered by a Smartnet contract.

Does anybody have experience configuring PTP on this switch, which they are
willing to share with me?

Regards
Andrew Symington