[time-nuts] Symmetricom experts?

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Thu Sep 24 04:46:58 EDT 2015

Hi Chrs,
  Not an expert… but usually computer systems give some indication of why a boot is failing on the systems console. The S200 is probably a unix based system as it has utilities such as SSH. TELNET. HTTP. So you could try connecting an RS232 terminal , or telnet’ing to its console server if it is managed by one. Then power it on again and see what the symptoms are. If there is no output, then it is a probably hardware problem and you will need to either have it serviced, or dig into it yourself . I doubt however that it is user serviceable.
There are troubleshooting steps in the user manual, so I suggest you look at those. If you don’t have the manual handy, see
<http://iecitel.com/resources/ntp%20network/S250/SyncServer%20S2xx%20User%20Guide.pdf>

Have fun
Mike