[time-nuts] GPS antenna splitters

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Mon Sep 28 09:07:06 EDT 2015

I have three ZN4PD1-50-S+ feeding my farm with 5volt and 3v antennae .I just added dc blocking. These are not amplified. There is about 3dB loss at the splitter output. I have only 5m of antenna cable, RG74 IIRC, and the antennae are active, providing +26dB (according to the adverts). I have tested them with 30m of Aircell 5 , but not measured. There was some loss, but not enough to disrupt or diminish the receiver reception. Modern receivers are very sensitive, but even my Oncore UT+ was not phased, though I could see the power loss in the winoncore12 graphics.

I got my mini-circuit splitters on <$50 including shipping to France.

Have fun.