[time-nuts] Building a mains frequency monitor

Will zl1tao at gmx.com
Sun Apr 10 20:21:34 EDT 2016

If you don't want to digitally log the frequency or want .00000hz accuracy then use one of the "tuning fork"? indicators. They have a row of reeds (12 or 20, long time since I have seen one) that resonate at differing frequencies from a few hz.below nominal to nominal frequency and then to a few hz. above nominal.

It gives a quick at a glance showing of the frequency. Ones I saw were used to adjust the phase of generator to AC mains before switching back to AC mains.

Cheers
Will
ZL1TAO