[time-nuts] [Announce] Simulation software for powerlaw noise and PTP clock synchronization

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 00:16:18 EDT 2016

> I would like to announce the public availabilty of two software projects
> which I have been working on for my master thesis:
>
> * LibPLN: a portable C++ library for the efficient simulation of Powerlaw
> Noise (PLN)

Do you get agreement between PLN time-series and calcluated ADEVs, as per
IEEE1139-2008 table B.2 ?

I tried [3] using python libraries colorednoise [1] (also based on
Kasdin&Walter) and allantools [2], but it gives ADEVs that are
systematically higher than predicted by theory. OTOH the calculated MDEVs
seem to fall on the line that theory predicts. Image here:
http://www.anderswallin.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/colorednoise-1.png

On your libPLN page the time-series graph is called 'time deviation' which
could be a bit confusing as there is also an ADEV-like statistic called
time deviation. Perhaps time-series or 'phase observations' or similar is
better?

Anders
[1] https://github.com/jleute/colorednoise
[2] https://github.com/aewallin/allantools