[time-nuts] 1 PPS 50-ohm driver

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Apr 17 21:42:06 EDT 2016

dk4xp at arcor.de said:
> BTW: Is there a way on the BeagleBoneBlack to map the IO-Pins like an
> ancient data bus? some addresses, data, read, write or so? Something to get
> into an FPGA without much ado, with medium-speed data rates?

I haven't seen a HOWTO type recipe for that, but I haven't been looking.

The I/O pins in most ARM SOC chips have several uses per pin.  You have to
get the chip specs to see what your choices are and look at the board
schematics to see which pins are already used.

For medium speed, you might find that the BBB is already setup for SPI or
something similar.

There are probably a couple of plain old serial ports.  You might check how
fast they will run.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.