[time-nuts] Trimble SMT 360

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 22:13:53 EDT 2016

Does anyone have  experience with the Trimble SMT 360 ?

I bought some of these four or five months after they were released. During
testing, the 1 pps output evidenced a problem, as shown in the attached
plot (the 1 pps is being measured against a Cs  beam standard), which is
not sawtooth-corrected. While there are longish periods of nominal
operation, the receiver seems to hop between two solutions.  This behaviour
is well out of specification.

When I contacted Trimble support, they said that the firmware in the
receivers was very early, and replaced the receivers. However, the problem
was still evident with the new firmware. Trimble did not respond to further
emails.

I tried many things to isolate the problem, including restricting the
receiver to GPS-only but I was unable to make an improvement.

I would like to know if anyone else is operating an SMT 360 and if they
have seen any similar behaviour.

Cheers[image: Inline image 2]
Michael[image: Inline image 1]