[time-nuts] HP OCXO warmup graphs

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Apr 24 04:35:56 EDT 2016

csteinmetz at yandex.com said:
> And, of course, it's still a matter of interpretation.  I look at  your plot
> and say, Yep, it should be mostly sorted in a  month.  Someone else might
> look at it and say, Looks like 3 days to  me.  Based on your plot, what do
> you say?

It still has ~1 more PPB to go before it gets back to where it was.

For my use, the long term drift was small relative to the daily temperature
wobbles so I didn't pay much attention to it.

>From the specifications section of the Operating and Programming Manual:

Long Term (Aging Rate):
A. <5 x 10-10 per day after 24-hour warm-up when:
  1. oscillator off-time was less than 24 hours.
  2. oscillator again rate was <5 x 10-10 per day prior to turn off.
B. <5 x 10-10 per day in less than 30 days of continuous
operation for off-time greater than 24 hours.
C. <1 x 10-7 per year of continuous operation.

Warmup: Within <5 x 10-9 of final value (see below) 10 min.
after turn-on when:
1 oscillator is operated in a 25 C environment with 20 Vdc
  Oven Supply voltage applied.
2.  oscillator off time was less then 24 hours.
3.  oscillator aging rate was <5 x 10-10 per day prior to turn-off.
4.  Final value is defined as oscillator frequency 24 hours after
  turn-on.

The -10s and -7 and -9 above should be superscript.
In the manual, the - is missing in front of the 7.

The Technical Data blurb (16 pages) says:
  Aging Rate: < 5 x 10-10/day after 24 hour warm up.
    (no constraints)
  Warm Up: Within 5 x 10-9 of final value in 20 minutes.

I didn't get a clean start so I can't check the 10 or 20 minute part.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.