[time-nuts] More graphs: OCXO step, holdover recovery

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Apr 26 07:22:16 EDT 2016

Hi

The 5334B event is commonly called a frequency jump. There is a fairly famous
HP paper on testing for them that invokes the phrase “test to destruction” (if I remember
correctly). They are seen in all OCXO’s if you watch enough parts long enough. They tend to increase
in time between jumps as the unit runs. Put another way, after a long time power on, you
will not see them. The first publication I saw them graphically documented in was a
semiconductor app note from the 1960’s.

Bob