[time-nuts] Low cost SDR suitable for phase noise measurement?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Thu Aug 11 12:01:09 EDT 2016

A number of posts have appeared about Zynq SDRs on the "Shera revisited" thread.  So, I'd like to ask the more general question: Are there any low cost SDRs that are suitable for measuring phase noise when coupled with a DMTD?  I believe what I'm looking for is something with enough bits to work in the audio range down to DC.  Yes, I could use a modified sound card, but I'm really looking for something not sound card related.  My thought was to use a DMTD with a heterodyne frequency of maybe 5KHz.

AE6RV.com

GFS GPSDO list:
groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GFS-GPSDOs/info