[time-nuts] Shera revisted

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Aug 12 18:08:56 EDT 2016

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 13:56:40 +0200
Paul Boven <p.boven at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I'd want to use the programmable logic to build a (mostly) digital
> interpolation, either something along the lines of the 5370, or digital
> interpolation of the clock using DCM's like I did on a Spartan-3 years
> ago. On that device, I could achieve a 16-fold resolution increase by
> use of the clock management devices.

If you are not afraid of going FPGA, why not use the TDC core from
OHWR [1]? It has a very good resolution and more the sufficient long
term stability. I also have a port of this for cyclone4, but i would
not recommend to use it, because it needs the paid version of quartus
while the OHWR version for spartan works with the free ISE version.

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://www.ohwr.org/projects/tdc-core/wiki
--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.