[time-nuts] Anybody want a Thunderbolt power supply?

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Wed Aug 31 15:16:11 EDT 2016

Mark wrote:

> You have to be careful choosing a linear regulator to clean up a switching supply.   Many just wind up passing the noise through.  Pay attention to the noise, PSRR and CMRR vs frequency specs, etc

Precisely the reason to avoid switchers entirely and use linear-only
voltage regulators to power noise-sensitive circuits.  As I mentioned
before, I had to use two stages of well-designed linear regulation to
make any switching supply acceptable (at a time-nuts level) for use with
a Tbolt.

Best regards,

Charles