[time-nuts] Anybody want a Thunderbolt power supply?

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Wed Aug 31 20:56:24 EDT 2016

I bought a module off ebay for a project recently.  It has a LM317/LM337
pair, small heat sinks, regulator, bypass caps, rectifiers and filtering
caps all on one board for about $10 delivered.  To this you add a small
transformer and piggy-back a 7805T/heat sink and that would give the 3
voltages required by this unit.

Of course it's linear so it's got the linear heat dissipation issue but by
the right pick of transformer that could be as low as about 3W (around 2KWH
per month).  Then again, it's also got the linear noise "problems" which are
pretty much zero.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie