[time-nuts] Switching regulator replacement for 7805

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 4 15:02:53 EST 2016

On 12/4/16 11:39 AM, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> Thanks for that pointer!  When I searched Digikey, I wasn't able to find
> anything that was in the 3-lead TO-220 case.  I will definitely check
> out the Murata units, as I suspect they perform better than this one.

The Cui parts are also available in a TO-220 pinout

Mouser has them  V7805-1000 for example, in a variety of configurations
and ratings, but a bit more expensive.. $5-10

Maybe you need to search for DC/DC converter or something?

I found them a few years ago because I was looking for surface mount
power converters

Seems there's tons of them from a variety of mfrs, judging from the
Mouser search engine