[time-nuts] Lady Heather Ver 5 Problem

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 11:33:25 EST 2016

To the group.
I have installed LH in the program folders of XP and also in other
directories they all seem to work as long as I clearly tell LH the place to
look.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL

Paul, with Windows-7 and later directory protections have been tightened,
and the user is no longer set up with Administrative privilege, hence the
need to install programs where write access is needed to the program's
directory outside the Program Files (or equivalent) tree.  Yes, Windows has
work-rounds with virtual directories, but it's often more confusion than
it's worth.

It must be over 7 years now since I had an Administrator-level user account,
and I've never missed it.  There are easy ways to get the privileges when
you need then, just for that one task.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu