[time-nuts] HP Z3801a piezo oscillator does work

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Dec 18 19:13:46 EST 2016

Hi

Can you pull the crystal? sure.

Does your MV-89 have a 5 MHz crystal (the frequency doubled version) or a 10 MHz crystal? (sub harmonics viewed on a
spectrum analyzer are a really good way to tell).

Is the crystal the same size / pinout? Probably not. HP used an odd package. You might be able to make a spacer.

Will it hit the right frequency? Likely not without changing some parts ….

Bob